I’ve been asked a few times if we could edit the documents we scan from the copier and receive via E-mail. The answer is yes. This short video shows how.
“Exit ticket” is an educational buzz word for a creative way to administer a quick formative assessment at the conclusion of class.
There are hundreds of digital and non-digital techniques. I have been using Socrative (http://www.socrative.com/) for a while — it can be used as an exit ticket or a more robust assessment. Another quick-hitter with which I have recently experimented is Geddit (http://letsgeddit.com/). This one makes for a perfect exit ticket — one or two question polls for which you give your students a “classroom number”. They log in, answer your questions, and you’ll get an overview of your class’s understanding of the topic.
Both Socrative and Geddit are free — and, again, they are only two of many available programs out there. If you have had a positive personal experience with another free system — feel free to post it to the comment section of this brief.
Initially the design for the new Information Commons included removing the printer from senior lobby. Therefore, this summer no driver was installed for that printer. To add the printer, follow these directions:
1) Right-click on the start button (lower left-hand corner), and choose “Control Panel”.
2) Choose “Hardware and Sound”.
3) Choose “Devices and Printers”.
4) Choose “Advanced Printer Setup”.
5) Don’t wait for it to finish, click “The Printer I want isn’t Listed”.
6) Select Add a Printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.
7) Choose TCP/IP Device from the device type drop-down menu.
8) Type in the follow IP address: 172.16.231.76 for the senior lobby printer (or 172.16.231.30 for the Flarity Hall printer).
9) Make sure the “Query the Printer…” for driver box is selected.
10) If you are asked, you can keep the already installed driver.
11) Re-name the printer something that make sense to you (like “West Wing” or “Flarity Hall”).
12) It will ask if you want to set it as the default printer — your choice.
13) No need to print a test page.
If you cannot follow these directions, bring your Tablet to the IT Office and we’ll do it.